Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Gurjeet Singh, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Gurjeet Singh, )
    Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Lew, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Gurjeet Singh, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Florian Weimer, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Florian Weimer, )
    Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
  Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (Robert Haas, )
 Re: adding foreign key constraint locks up table  (kakarukeys, )
* Tom Lane:

>> Do you mean that the ALTER query and subsequent queries are shown as
>> "waiting" in pg_stat_activity?  In this case, I'm also wondering why
>> this is inecessary.
>
> ALTER ADD FOREIGN KEY must lock both tables to add triggers to them.

But why is such a broad lock needed?  If the table was created in the
current transaction and is empty, the contents of the foreign key
table should not matter.

--
Florian Weimer                <>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99

Сообщение: Re: Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO
Сообщение: Re: Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO