Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Invalid field size
Список pgsql-general
Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it> writes:
> So the hint is to abandon manual COPY and let pg_dump do the hard work?

If it is a newline-conversion problem, compressed pg_dump archives would
be just as subject to corruption as your binary COPY file is.  I'd say
the hint is to be more careful about how you do the cross-machine file
transfers.  I suspect what is really happening is you're not always
doing that the same way, and that some of the methods allow a newline
conversion to happen to the file while others don't.