Re: Hot standby from Debian to Windows

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Hot standby from Debian to Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/30/20 11:06 AM, Andrus wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Got it. Just thought it would be easier not to have to deal with cross
>> OS issues.
>> Here is one example:
>> https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-watchdog.html
>
> Hopefully Windows Hyper-V virtual network adapter will not check windows
> 20 connection limit.
> In this case using Debian+Hyper-V+ binary replication allows to connect
> more than 20 users and may be best solution.

That is something I would verify. It would surprise me if MS would allow
you to turn a desktop OS(Windows 10) into a server OS.

> Both have 64-bit OS. Will binary replication work in this case.

Take a look at:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/warm-standby.html#STANDBY-PLANNING

It is not specifically ruled out, nor is it is explicitly ruled in.
Myself, I would not bet on it being stable.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com