Re: PL/perl elog(ERROR) Does not Abort Transaction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/perl elog(ERROR) Does not Abort Transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> On May 11, 2012, at 9:51 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>> \set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK interactive
>>
>> So I guess it transparently rolls back a savepoint for the previous statement. I had forgotten I turned that on.
Apologiesfor the noise.

Ah-hah.

> OTOH, might it be useful to have psql show some sort of status message when it does this?

The same occurred to me, but after more thought I think it'd just be
horribly annoying after a short time.  People who have this set will
(or should, anyway) be expecting errors to be nonfatal to their
transactions.