Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: 8.3 synchronous_commit
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
* Guillaume Smet:

> On Jan 22, 2008 9:32 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@bfk.de> wrote:
>> > Maybe it's just my test box.. single SATA-II drive, XFS on top of LVM.
>>
>> Ours was ext3, no LVM or RAID.
>
> Also with SATA?

Yes, desktop-class SATA.

> If your SATA disk is lying about effectively SYNCing the data, I'm
> not that surprised you don't see any improvement.

It still should be faster since the commit doesn't even have to leave
the kernel write cache.  For us, this is the common case because most
non-desktop systems have battery-backed write cache anyway.

> Being slower is a bit surprising though.

Exactly.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99