Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lists <lists@benjamindsmith.com> writes:
> The process(es) creating the temp tables are not persistent, so the
> issue isn't trying to clean up bloat from a long running process, it's
> clearing out the cruft that results from creating temp tables, loading a
> bunch of data, then dropping the table, either explicitly or when the
> connection is terminated. This causes PG disk usage to climb without
> causing any change in pg_dump output.

Oh, you're worried about system catalog bloat from lots of temp tables?

I'd have thought that autovacuum could manage that, though you might need
to dial up its aggressiveness.  Not sure that things like pg_reorg can
safely be applied to system catalogs.  (That's not to say it wouldn't
work, but I'd sure test it on disposable installations first.)

Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?
Сообщение: Re: vacuum vs pg_repack for clearing bloat?