Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each
Дата
Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each
Список pgsql-patches
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net> writes:
> I can't think of any other cases where it could matter, as at least the
> work done inside vacuum_rel() itself seema non-rollbackable.

VACUUM FULL's tuple-moving is definitely roll-back-able, so it might be
prudent to only do this for lazy VACUUM.  But on the other hand, VACUUM
FULL holds an exclusive lock on the table so no one else is going to see
its effects concurrently anyway.

As I said, it needs more thought than I've been able to spare for it yet

Сообщение: Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each
Сообщение: Re: PATCH to allow concurrent VACUUMs to not lock each