Re: What does this configure warning mean?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What does this configure warning mean?
Дата
Re: What does this configure warning mean?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> With the attached patch, I have updated the message to use the wording
>>> "bundled distribution".  I think the point about the snapshot tarballs
>>> and official releases is that they are "bundled" rather than pulled via
>>> CVS.
>>
>> That's too subtle.  I wouldn't figure out what it means if my life
>> depended on it (then again, it doesn't).

> Well, "official" made no sense.  Bundled seemed similar enough to
> "tarball".  What suggestion do you have?

I think "bundled" is a completely unhelpful choice of word.  The natural
response to reading that will be "bundled with what?".  We've been using
the phraseology "official distribution" for years and only one person
has expressed any confusion, so I do not think you have improved
matters.