Re: pg_restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> No.  You could try the 7.1 pg_dump/pg_restore with 7.0, but it probably
> won't work.

Actually I believe 7.1.1 and later pg_dump *is* backwards compatible
with a 7.0.* server.  The output script isn't, but it should be possible
to use the newer pg_dump to dump out your 7.0 database in preparation
for upgrading.

Not sure how well tested that mode is, mind you, but it's alleged to
work.  I'd recommend running some experiments before trusting it
completely.  (If you can load a schema-only dump of your 7.0 database
into a 7.1 test installation, and everything looks okay, that's probably
enough testing.)