Re: [HACKERS] empty concatenate

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] empty concatenate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain <darcy@druid.net> writes:
>> ! Why is textcat() (and other) function called if result from this
>> function is ignored, it is bad spending (my CPU is not boredom). See
>> my 'C' example in my first letter...

> This is the issue no matter which side of the debate you are on.

"Debate"?  There's no debate --- everybody agrees that the current
fmgr interface doesn't handle NULLs reasonably.  It's just a matter
of finding time to fix it.  It's a fairly large project, given the
amount of code that needs to be touched.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Source code format votes