Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: hashagg slowdown due to spill changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 21:11 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While preparing my pgcon talk I noticed that our hash-agg performance
> degraded noticeably. Looks to me like it's due to the spilling-
> hashagg
> changes.

Attached a proposed fix. (Might require some minor cleanup).

The only awkward part is that LookupTupleHashEntry() needs a new out
parameter to pass the hash value back to the caller. Ordinarily, the
caller can get that from the returned entry, but if isnew==NULL, then
the function might return NULL (and the caller wouldn't have an entry
from which to read the hash value).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения