Re: improve CREATE EXTENSION error message

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: improve CREATE EXTENSION error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/29/21, 2:43 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> writes:
>>         postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION does_not_exist;
>>         ERROR:  extension "does_not_exist" is not available
>>         DETAIL:  The extension must first be installed on the system where PostgreSQL is running.
>>         HINT:  The pg_available_extensions view lists the extensions that are available for installation.
>
> I don't think that HINT is useful at all, and I agree with Chapman
> that we should still show the filename we tried to look up,
> just in case there's a path problem or the like.

Okay, I removed the part about pg_available_extensions and now the
message looks like this:

        postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION does_not_exist;
        ERROR:  extension "does_not_exist" is not available
        DETAIL:  Extension control file "/usr/local/pgsql/share/extension/does_not_exist.control" does not exist.
        HINT:  The extension must first be installed on the system where PostgreSQL is running.

Nathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: SSL Tests for sslinfo extension
Сообщение: Re: SSL Tests for sslinfo extension