Re: Application user name attribute on connection pool

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Application user name attribute on connection pool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2 Aug 2010, at 23:43, Radosław Smogura wrote:

>> PostgreSQL already has BIGINT aka INT8, which are 8 bytes, and can
>> represent integers up to like 9 billion billion (eg, 9 * 10^18).
> But I think about numbers with precision - you can use float for moneys, etc
> (rounding problems), and dividing each value in application by some scale
> isn't nice, too.

Most people don't use float for monetary values.
Have a look at the NUMERIC type: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/datatype-numeric.html

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4c57b0dc286217280628589!

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Need help on WAL shipping
От: quickinfo quickinfo
Сообщение: pg_hba.conf