Re: Spreading full-page writes

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Spreading full-page writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 25, 2014, at 5:52 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> Here's how this works out during replay:
>
> a) You start WAL replay from the latest checkpoint's Redo-pointer.
>
> When you see a WAL record that's been marked with XLR_FPW_SKIPPED, don't replay that record at all. It's OK because
weknow that there will be a separate record containing the full-page image of the page later in the stream.

I don't think we know that. The server might have crashed before that second record got generated.  (This appears to be
anunfixable flaw in this proposal.)

...Robert

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Spreading full-page writes