Re: [SQL] can a column be aliased?

От James Olin Oden
Тема Re: [SQL] can a column be aliased?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I don't think so.  Better use a sequence instead.  You shouldn't be
> using OID as a key anyway.  You lose the value if you dump and reload.

Ah...there's the rub.  Well, I haven't been doing that anyway; I was merely trying
to explore the possiblity of doing so after I heard some users ask about it.  At
first thought I had the reservation of it not being portable, but with your
thought (they change after a dump and reload) I can see that's a _real_ bad idea.

Thanks...james

> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves
> http://www.druid.net/darcy/                |  and a sheep voting on
> +1 416 424 2871     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: