Re: New PL/Perl failure with Safe 2.2x due to recursion (8.x & 9.0)

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: New PL/Perl failure with Safe 2.2x due to recursion (8.x & 9.0)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Feb 25, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

>> Which means losing sort $a <=3D> $b again, alas. Such was always the
>> case in the past, so that might be an okay tradeoff to get recursive
>> calls working again, but I certainly hope that Safe can be updated in
>> the near future to give us both.
>>=20
>> There seem to be no good answers here.
>=20
> There is one fairly good answer:
>=20
> Use a perl that's compiled to support multiplicity but not threads.
> That avoids the sort bug and, as an extra bonus, gives plperl a
> significant speed boost.

That solves the problem with recursion or with $a and $b or both?

I'm happy to rebuild Perl without threads, since I'm not going to use Padre=
 after all. But that won't help the millions who rely on package-supplied P=
erls, which are nearly always threaded AFAICT.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: New PL/Perl failure with Safe 2.2x due to recursion (8.x & 9.0)
Сообщение: Re: New PL/Perl failure with Safe 2.2x due to recursion (8.x & 9.0)