Re: IMMUTABLE and PARALLEL SAFE function markings

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: IMMUTABLE and PARALLEL SAFE function markings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27/11/2018 01:14, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Vik Fearing (vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:

>>> We've got an index safe flag?
>>
>> Yes.  It's called provolatile='i'.
>
> ... and we complain if someone tries to use a provolatile <> 'i'
> function directly in an index, so not sure what you're getting at here?

I'm getting at we should do the same for parallel safety checks.

If it's immutable, it's safe.
If it's not immutable, check if it's safe.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: IMMUTABLE and PARALLEL SAFE function markings
Сообщение: Re: IMMUTABLE and PARALLEL SAFE function markings