Re: ODBC functions in gram.y

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ODBC functions in gram.y
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:
> I'm looking at gram.y to munge the precision support for date/time per
> recent discussions, and am noticing once again the extensions added to
> support ODBC by allowing empty parens after some SQL-defined "constants"
> (e.g. CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_USER, etc etc). Currently, these are
> done by replicating code and by altering the allowed grammar, and it
> happens to be the same area of code I need to be looking at.

It's not apparent to me that doing this in the ODBC support is simpler
or better than the hack Peter put into gram.y.  But more importantly,
at this point in the 7.2 cycle we ought not be making any changes that
are not *essential* bug fixes.  If you want to reorganize the support
for CURRENT_TIMESTAMP() like that, let's leave it for 7.3.