Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is a very interesting idea.  Have two oid counters, one for system
> tables and another for user tables.  It isolates problems with oid
> wraparound caused by large user tables.

Well, it'd keep user-space wraparound from affecting the system tables,
but given that the system tables have adequate defenses already (ie,
unique indexes) I'm not sure that there's any point.  It'd not improve
the picture for user-table OID uniqueness by any measurable degree.