Re: Timestamp docs weirdness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Timestamp docs weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, do we want to put back the mention of these in the release notes?
> The non-zulu ones sound pretty strange to me and might be better left
> undocumented.

AFAICS the updated docs are correct.  Since the code behavior has not
changed, there is no need for a release-notes entry, is there?

>> Only the combination of both doesn't work:
>> template1=# select 'allballs zulu'::timetz;
>> ERROR:  Bad time external representation 'allballs zulu'

That's because 'allballs' is defined as '00:00:00 UTC', that is,
it already defines a timezone.  The above is a double specification
of timezone and gets the same error as

regression=# select '00:00:00 UTC UTC'::timetz;
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type time with time zone: "00:00:00 UTC UTC"

I see no bug here.