Re: Security implications of config-file-location patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Security implications of config-file-location patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Good point.  Should we obscure pg_tablespace similarly to what we do for
>> pg_shadow?

> Well, if we feel file locations are better left only visible to
> super-users, we should.  However, when managing disk space, aren't
> normal users also often interested in which disk drives will store their
> data?  I don't see a big value to obscuring pgdata myself.

My gut feeling is that it's more important to obscure pgdata than the
external tablespace locations, basically because non-default tablespaces
are likely to be on secondary disks with no particular relationship to
interesting files (such as ~postgres/.profile).  I can't back this up
with a hard argument at this late hour though ...