Re: Can't connect (2 dbs) or login (2 others)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't connect (2 dbs) or login (2 others)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Morris Goldstein" <morris.x.goldstein@gmail.com> writes:
> I looked at the pg_resetxlog documentation and have a question. Here
> is output from pg_resetxlog -n:

[ snipped to just the non-constant numbers ]

> Current log file ID:                  0
> Next log file segment:                1
> Latest checkpoint's StartUpID:        12
> Latest checkpoint's NextXID:          536
> Latest checkpoint's NextOID:          17142

Ick.  This looks *exactly* like what pg_control would contain
immediately after initdb, in a 7.4 database.  I suppose that someone
tried an initdb as a recovery method, without understanding the
consequences.

> Is it safe to run pg_resetxlog without the -l argument?

No, or at least it will not improve your situation.  All those numbers
need to be higher, probably a lot higher.  See the advice in the
pg_resetxlog man page about deriving reasonable values.