Re: finding out actual tuple size

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: finding out actual tuple size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:39:25PM -0700, Linh Luong wrote:
>> 1. I have been reading and the max size of a tuple is 8K.

> That hasn't been true for ages.  Use a newer PostgreSQL; any modern
> one will have the TOAST capability and won't have this limitation.

Actually it is still true, but with TOAST compression available for
individual columns it hardly ever matters anymore.  If you have enough
columns in your table to be running afoul of the limit, you probably
oughta be thinking about a redesign of your database schema anyway.

But for the record: BLCKSZ is the thing to poke if you really must.