pg_dump problems

От JTyrrell
Тема pg_dump problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems using pg_dump.

When I run the command

pg_dump -a -d testrig > testrig.data

on a machine running postgresql 7.4.13 with database testirg i have no
problem.

Then, I want to do the same but on a different machine running postgresql
7.4.6 with database root. So...

pg_dump -a -d root > root.data

For some reason this doesnt work! The command is running without error, but
the file root.data is always empty. The database does exist and all the data
is there, and I can run psql and do everything I normally do. I've tried
pg_dump with other databases and still get an empty file.

Could it be the commands are different for the different versions? If thats
the case, does anyone know what command I should be running?