Re: [BUGS] Cursor with hold emits the same row more than once across commits in 8.3.7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Cursor with hold emits the same row more than once across commits in 8.3.7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Given that RC freeze is nearly upon us for 8.4, and that we need a
reasonably non-invasive fix for 8.3 anyway, I propose that for now
we just deal with the syncscan issue by tweaking heap_rescan so that
rs_startblock doesn't get changed.  It looks like that's about a
three-line patch.  The question of how cursors should behave with
respect to volatile functions can be documented and left for another
time.