Re: How do you change the size of the WAL files?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How do you change the size of the WAL files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> There are tradeoffs in the other direction too, but if you feel you must
>> have a different value, see configure's --with-wal-segsize option. �Note
>> that you cannot change this without re-initdb.

> Is there a limit to the max size?

Hmm, it looks like the configure script only allows 1-64MB.  I'm not
sure offhand if that's protecting a restriction elsewhere, or just
not bothering to extend the switch for more cases.  Keep in mind that
the larger you make this, the more data you can lose because it wasn't
archived yet when your master machine failed.