Re: [ADMIN] Connecting via SSL not working (except from psql)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Connecting via SSL not working (except from psql)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi!

SSL is not enabled at connection time in pgsql - it is negotiatied with
the postmaster, and enabled later. You need to send a correctly
formatted start message in clear text to the postmaster to initiate the
SSL negotiation first, and turn on SSL after that (assuming the
postmaster reports that SSL is Ok).
This is done so the postmaster can listen for both SSL and non-SSL
connections on the same port.

Take a look at how libpq does it. In 7.1.3, it starts at line 963 in
interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c.
(Sorry, don't have the source to a newer version around right now - look
for comment on 'Attempt to negotiate SSL usage').

//Magnus