RE: firehouse

От Magnus Hagander
Тема RE: firehouse
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 07:37:39PM +0000, sbelow wrote:
> > getting this error "Transaction cannot start while in
> firehouse mode." I
> > can't find in the books what this is trying to tell me.
> > new at dbs.
>
> That message is not coming from PostgreSQL, I've grepped the
> source tree:
>
> $ find . -name \*.[chyl] | xargs grep -i 'fireh'
> $
>
> What's your software environment? The error must be coming from some
> other layer.

"firehose cursor" is Microsoft lingo for "server-side,
forward-scrolling, read-only cursor".
The solution is to change cursor mode if you need to be able to start a
transaction, or make sure that *all* recordsets associated with the
connectino are closed before you execute the .BeginTrans method.
See example 2 in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnproas
p/html/tipsforworkingwithcursors.asp

//Magnus