Re: Installing support for python on windows

От novnov
Тема Re: Installing support for python on windows
Дата
Re: Installing support for python on windows  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to both of you. I tried the following and got an error that
plpython.dll couldn't be found:

D:\postgresql\bin>createlang -U sauser plpythonu mydb
Password:
createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load library
"D:/pos
tgresql/lib/plpython.dll": The specified module could not be found.

The file spec'd by the error message does indeed exist, though the slashes
in windows would of course be the other way around in normal use. Then I
tried leaving of the u in plpythonu

D:\postgresql\bin>createlang -U sauser plpython mydb
Password:
createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  unsupported language
"plpython"
HINT:  The supported languages are listed in the pg_pltemplate system
catalog.

Then I tried something like what Adrian had suggested:

D:\postgresql\bin>createlang -U sauser -d mydb plpythonu
Password:
createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load library
"D:/pos
tgresql/lib/plpython.dll": The specified module could not be found.

It's interesting that createlang knows to look in the peer lib directory for
the language file but somehow does not like the plpython that it sees there.
I also tried plpython (no trailing u) and had the same error as the earlier
experiment.