Re: logical replication snapshots

От Dimitri Maziuk
Тема Re: logical replication snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/27/2018 05:20 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 07/27/2018 03:04 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

>> ... but if I did the publication for ALL, I could just use streaming
>> replication ...
>
> Well I was just showing the extremes from a single table publication to
> ALL tables. You can also do subsets of ALL. Remember that binary
> replication(streaming) involves the whole Postgres cluster, e.g. all the
> databases in the cluster no choice in the matter. Also it does not allow
> you to shape what is replicated.
Yes, and that's why I was looking into logical replication. Now that I
looked, it seems the limitations are too many for our use case now, and
that spinning up a separate "cluster" for each "replicated dataset" is
simply less work ATM.

Thanks again,
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

Вложения

От: vardenis pavardenis
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql 10.4 installation issues on Ubuntu 14.05
От: Marcelo Lacerda
Сообщение: Strange behavior with missing column in SQL function