Re: PDF files: to store in database or not

От Eric Schwarzenbach
Тема Re: PDF files: to store in database or not
Дата
Re: PDF files: to store in database or not
Список pgsql-general
On 12/06/2016 01:34 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 12/06/2016 10:30 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>>   My thinking is to not store these documents in the database, but to
>> store
>> them in subdirectories outside the database.
>>
>>   Your thoughts?
>
> Due to the widely variable size of a PDF document, I would say no. I
> would store the metadata and file location.

Can you elaborate on this? Why is the variable size an issue? Are you
assuming the files go into the same table as the rest of the data? (They
certainly don't have to, and I would assume that not to be the smartest
design.)

От: Eric Schwarzenbach
Сообщение: Re: PDF files: to store in database or not
От: David Wall
Сообщение: Re: PDF files: to store in database or not