Re: big text field -> message type 0x44

От Tomas Berndtsson
Тема Re: big text field -> message type 0x44
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Tomas Berndtsson <tomas@nocrew.org> writes:
> > Since it works in psql, it must be possible for my application to work
> > too, but I just can't figure out why it doesn't.
>
> I think it's got to be a bug in your application code.
>
> A bug in libpq is the only other possibility --- but seeing that psql
> also uses libpq, I'm inclined to discount that.  (You're sure you are
> linking the same version of libpq into your app that psql uses,
> right?)

Yep, there is only one installation of PostgreSQL on the machine. My
application is multithreaded, and I have been very careful to open a
new connection for each thread. Could it have anything to do with
semaphores and shared memory in Solaris? My /etc/system contains this:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x2000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=256
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256

set semsys:seminfo_semmap=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=256
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=256
set semsys:seminfo_semume=256
set semsys:seminfo_semusz=256

I have these values to be able to have more connections than default
to PostgreSQL. Maybe they need to be even higher?

What's strange is that the same application and PostgreSQL version
works fine in Linux.

Tomas