Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Fast default stuff versus pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 06/19/2018 10:46 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-06-19 22:41:26 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> This unfortunately crashes and burns if we use DirectFunctionCall3 to call
>> array_in, because it uses fn_extra. There is the CallerFInfoFunctionCall
>> stuff, but it only has 1 and 2 arg variants, and array_in takes 3. In
>> retrospect we should probably have added a 3 arg form - quite a few input
>> functions take 3 args. Anything else is likely to be rather uglier.
>>
>> Attaching the failing patch. I'll attack this again in the morning.
> Why don't you just use OidFunctionCall3? Or simply an explicit
> fmgr_info(), InitFunctionCallInfoData(), FunctionCallInvoke() combo?

Thanks for that. I should not code late at night.

Here's a version that works in my testing with Tom's patch making sure
there's a missing value to migrate applied. Thanks to Alvaro for some
useful criticism - any errors are of course my responsibility.

cheers

andrew

Вложения