Re: Mop-up from Test::More version change patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Mop-up from Test::More version change patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 11/23/21 12:03, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If you set PERL then it's highly likely that you want to use
>> "prove" from the same installation.  So 0001 modifies configure
>> to first check for an executable "prove" in the same directory
>> as $PERL.  If that's not what you want then you should override
>> it by setting PROVE explicitly.

> Do we really have much of an issue left to solve given c4fe3199a? It
> feels a bit like a solution in search of a problem.

We don't absolutely have to do this, agreed.  But I think the
current behavior fails to satisfy the POLA.  As I remarked in
the other thread, I'm worried about somebody wasting time trying
to identify why their TAP test isn't behaving the way it does
when they invoke the code under the perl they think they're using.