Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Autoconf, libpq and replacement function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not really.  I'd suggest making the callers do something like
>>
>> #ifdef HAVE_FNMATCH
>> #include <fnmatch.h>
>> #else
>> #include "port/pg_fnmatch.h"
>> #endif

> How's that actually different from the
> #ifdef HAVE_FNMATCH
> #include <fnmatch.h>        <-- happens in fe-secure.c
> #else
> #define ....                <-- happens in port.h
> #endif

What's bothering me is that port.h gets included *everywhere*, and
might perhaps conflict with some indirect or accidental inclusion
of <fnmatch.h>.

It would also allow someone to forget the#ifdef HAVE_FNMATCH#include <fnmatch.h>#endif
part and have it still work, if they were testing on a broken platform.
It's better that both inclusions appear together instead of having the
alternative code paths effectively appear in two unrelated files.