Re: BUG #4116: Cannot create tablespace: could not set permissions on directory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4116: Cannot create tablespace: could not set permissions on directory
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Graham Leggett wrote:
>> This code makes the incorrect assumption that the platform will allow the
>> postgres user to set the permissions using chmod.

> Is this something we should do anything about?

IMHO, no.  The reason for actually doing the chmod is to verify that we
own the directory.  If it fails, we don't own the directory in any
meaningful sense.  I think the complainant's real problem is that he's
misconfigured his SELinux permissions.