Re: PostgreSQL release schedule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL release schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>   "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Estimate right now for going beta on 8.1 is July 1st ... aiming for a

> Isn't that feature freeze? Typically there has been a month between
> feature freeze and the first official beta.

Right, the only definite target at the moment is feature freeze 7/1.
We'll go beta as soon thereafter as any obvious issues have been shaken
out.  After that, the traditional policy for beta->final is "we release
when it's ready".

> With a July 1 feature freeze, Nov/Dec is a much better estimate of when
> there might be an 8.1 release. Even that is on the optimistic side.

I'd like to think it's not optimistic --- but yeah, Thanksgiving-ish is
a reasonable bet.  If beta goes really well it could be a month or so
earlier, but then again it could be later too.