Re: Wrong version of jdbc in 7.3.3 rpms

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wrong version of jdbc in 7.3.3 rpms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:
> There are a number of reasons that IMHO moving the source out of the
> core project does not make sense for jdbc:

If I'm not misunderstanding here, the problem is that the JDBC sources
in the REL7_3 branch are current (if not, I'd say this is not Lamar's
fault ;-)) but that the derived .jar file was not current in the RPMs
that Lamar built?

I would suggest that we should find a mechanical solution for this.
The other derived files in the distro (bison and flex output, .html doc
files, etc) are more or less mechanically created and included --- no
one expects people to go off to a different web site to find 'em.  Seems
like the JDBC jar file could be produced from the sources on the same
kind of terms.

I know Marc is a bit overworked at the moment :-( but when the dust
settles, perhaps you could consult with him about setting up an
automatic build process at developer.postgresql.org.