Re: Figuring out which command failed

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Figuring out which command failed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:30 PM, Ralph Mason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a transaction that has multiple separate command in it
> (nothing unusual there).
>
> However sometimes one of the sql statements will fail and so the
> whole transaction fails.
>
> In some cases I could fix the failing statement if only I knew
> which one it was.  Can anyone think of any way to get which
> statement actually failed from the error message?  If the error
> message gave me the line of the failure it would be excellent, but
> it doesn't.  Perhaps it would be easy for me to patch my version of
> Postgres to do that?
>
> I realize I could do this with 2 phase commit, but that isn't ready
> yet!
>
> Any thoughts or ideas are much appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Ralph

2PC might not've been ready yesterday, but it's ready today!

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/
110 30th Avenue North, Suite 6
Nashville, TN 37203-6320
615-469-5150
615-469-5151 (fax)

От: William Lai
Сообщение:
От: Charlie Savage
Сообщение: Re: Sort performance on large tables