Re: journaling in contrib ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: journaling in contrib ...
Дата
Re: journaling in contrib ...
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I think this belongs on gborg.  Would you create a project there?

> A number of people at OSCON did consider this to be a nice contrib
> feature. Out of curiousity, what makes it more suitable for gborg?

I think Bruce is unhappy with the size of the tarball (220K!), and
I was too when I first saw it.  But it turns out that nearly all of
it is a copy of Hans' slides from his OSCON talk, which I don't think
is appropriate to include in contrib anyway.  (For one thing, not
everyone can read .sxi format.  I can't at the moment.)

I'd suggest dropping the talk slides (and you might as well flatten the
thing into one directory).  Perhaps instead the README could include a
pointer to where to find the talk slides on-line.  That'd bring it down
to half a dozen K which is a more appropriate size for a contrib item
(and hopefully will not trigger Marc's wrath ;-)).