Re: "stuck spinlock"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "stuck spinlock"
Дата
Re: "stuck spinlock"
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom, could this be caused by c357be2cd9434c70904d871d9b96828b31a50cc5?
> Specifically the added CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() in handle_sig_alarm()?
> ISTM nothing is preventing us from jumping out of code holding a
> spinlock?

Hm ... what should stop it is that ImmediateInterruptOK wouldn't be
set while we're messing with any spinlocks.  Except that ProcessInterrupts
doesn't check that gating condition :-(.  I think you're probably right:
what should be in the interrupt handler is something like
"if (ImmediateInterruptOK) CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS();"