Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> On Fri, 2023-11-17 at 13:22 -0800, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
>> But your argument of a nicer API might make a case for the patch.

> Yeah, that's what I was thinking. simplehash is newer and has a nicer
> API, so if we like it and want to move more code over, this is one
> step. But if we are fine using both hsearch.h and simplehash.h for
> overlapping use cases indefinitely, then I'll drop this.

I can't imagine wanting to convert *every* hashtable in the system
to simplehash; the added code bloat would be unreasonable.  So yeah,
I think we'll have two mechanisms indefinitely.  That's not to say
that we might not rewrite hsearch.  But simplehash was never meant
to be a universal solution.

Сообщение: Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Сообщение: Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?