Re: lots of unused variable warnings in assert-free builds

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: lots of unused variable warnings in assert-free builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Spraying the code with __attribute__((unused)) is somewhat undesirable
> because it could mask a failure to properly initialize the variable in
> an assert-enabled build.

Ouch.  Is it really true that __attribute__((unused)) disables detection
of use of uninitialized variables?  That would be nasty, and it's not
obvious to me why it should need to work like that.  But if it is true,
then I agree that that makes this approach not too tenable.

Сообщение: Re: lots of unused variable warnings in assert-free builds
Сообщение: Re: lots of unused variable warnings in assert-free builds