Re: odbc, postgresql and cobalt Qube/RaQ3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: odbc, postgresql and cobalt Qube/RaQ3
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
David Millen <dave@largesalad.co.uk> writes:
> Again, from psql, the system works well and the pg* commands that I have
> tried work, but I can't get a PostgreSQL ODBC connection from Star
> Office on the host machine, which *does* work with MyODBC, and
> unfortunately, my wife's machine has gone feet up so I can't test
> networked ODBC.

psql will do local connections via a Unix-domain socket, whereas I
believe ODBC always wants to use a TCP connection.  So, a couple of
obvious things to check: is the postmaster started with "-i" switch to
enable TCP connections?  Do you have an entry in pg_hba.conf allowing
connections from the proper IP address?

If you can get psql to start with "-h localhost" then this is the
wrong answer.