Re: Possible Bug - error creating a tablespace

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible Bug - error creating a tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kevin Kempter <kevink@consistentstate.com> writes:
> 4) Here's the weird part:
> -- If I start the cluster via "sudo /etc/init.d/postgres start" and then try
> and create a tablespace it fails with :

> create tablespace benchmark2 location '/eq5/pwbbench';
> ERROR:  could not set permissions on directory "/eq5/pwbbench": Permission
> denied

> -- however if I start the db as user postgres with:

> pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data start
> and then create the tablespace it works.

SELinux ... in the first case SELinux recognizes the postmaster as being
a daemon it ought to restrict, in the second case it just thinks it's
an interactive program.

In general, using tablespaces under SELinux requires labeling their root
directories properly; postgresql_db_t if memory serves.