Re: contrib/pg_filedump - PostgreSQL File Dump Utility

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib/pg_filedump - PostgreSQL File Dump Utility
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Patrick Macdonald <patrickm@redhat.com> writes:
> Hmmm... I was under the impression that contributed code
> that resides in the /contrib directory could be licensed
> under GPL.

We'd prefer BSD, though.  The existing contrib modules that are
GPL-licensed snuck in there by virtue of people not paying attention.

I'd kinda like to see us go back to the contributors and get them
all relicensed as BSD (or at the very least LGPL).  I think that
distributing these as we do is only marginally legit --- it's
debatable whether this is "mere aggregation" under the terms
of the GPL, given that the contrib modules are fairly closely
bound to the rest of the distribution.