Re: BUG #18067: Droping function that was used to generate column drops the column, even after `DROP EXPRESSION`

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: BUG #18067: Droping function that was used to generate column drops the column, even after `DROP EXPRESSION`
Дата
Ответ на BUG #18067: Droping function that was used to generate column drops the column, even after `DROP EXPRESSION`  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 22, 2023, at 3:57 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
    Hello dear postgres community, I think I stumbled upon a bug involving
generated columns dependencies
       persisting after the column is not generated anymore.
    This convenient scripts allows to reproduce easily

It was already reported [1] and fixed. Unfortunately, as the commit message [2]
says, the fix cannot be included in version 14 or earlier because it requires
catalog changes. Hence, this fix was included in version 15.

--
Euler Taveira