Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Ronan Dunklau
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le lundi 6 décembre 2021, 16:56:56 CET Mark Dilger a écrit :

> We don't want to maintain such a property, or at least, that's not what I
> want.  I don't think that's what Jeff wants, either.

That's not what I want either: the ability to run and refresh subscriptions as
a non superuser is a desirable feature.

The REFRESH part was possible before PG 14, when it was allowed to run REFRESH
in a function, which could be made to run as security definer.

> As I perceive the roadmap:
>
> 1) Fix the current bug wherein subscription changes are applied with
> superuser force after the subscription owner has superuser privileges
> revoked. 2) Allow the transfer of subscriptions to non-superuser owners.
> 3) Allow the creation of subscriptions by non-superusers who are members of
> some as yet to be created predefined role, say "pg_create_subscriptions"

This roadmap seems sensible.

--
Ronan Dunklau