Re: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Seems some people expect the implementation in 7.1.
> (recent [GENERAL} drop column?)
> I could commit my local branch if people don't mind
> backward incompatibility.

I've lost track --- is this different from the _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__
code that's already in CVS?  I really really didn't like that
implementation :-(, but I forget what other methods were being
discussed.

> P.S. I've noticed that get_rte_attribute_name() seems to
> break my implementation. I'm not sure if I could solve it.

That would be a problem --- rule dumping depends on that code to
produce correct aliases, so making it work is not optional.