Re: New option for pg_basebackup, to specify a different directory for pg_xlog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New option for pg_basebackup, to specify a different directory for pg_xlog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> On the second thought, I'm thinking that it might be overkill to add
> such not simple code for that small benefit.

Yeah --- there's a limit to how much code we should expend on detecting
this type of error.  It's not like the case is all that plausible.

One idea that I don't think got discussed is stat'ing the two directories
and verifying that their dev/inode numbers are different.  I don't know
how portable that is though.